Life is colorful and in English we have idioms related to colors that will brighten your English speaking skills.They are fun to learn and easy to use.
1) Born with a silver spoon – Someone who is born in a rich family. Has all the wealth and privilege.
Example – John can afford to go to the medical college,he was born with a silver spoon.
2) To catch someone red handed – To catch someone doing something wrong or illegal or private.
Example – I think her boy friend is cheating on,so she is planning to follow him and catch him red handed.
3) White lie – Innocent lie to protect another person’s feelings.
Example – We told Sharon that her chicken pie was delicious,which was actually a white lie.
4) Tickled pink – To be very pleased or delighted by someone or something.
Example – I was tickled pink to receive flowers from my husband.
5) Yellow bellied – Someone who is extremely timid or coward
Ron is yellow bellied and is never willing to fight for what is right.
6) Talk a blue streak – To talk too much and rapidly
Example – She talked a blue streak all night long.
A person who is a disgrace to a family or a group.
Example – Sam is a black sheep of the family. He’s always in trouble with the cops.