In this Business English lesson you will learn to make, change and cancel appointments. In the Business world, people meet their clients, suppliers,owners etc on a regular basis and arranging for these business meetings can be a task for many. Below are some Business English phrases that will make your job easy.
Making an appointment can take you awhile if both the parties have a busy schedule , therefore requesting for an appointment and suggesting the day and time is favorable.
1. Can we arrange for a meeting?
2. If possible, I would like to come by and see you.
3. How about about Monday?
4. Is next Tuesday convenient for you?
5. Would Thursday suit you?
If the suggested time suits you the phrases that can be used to agree are :
1. That sounds good/ great.
2. Tuesday would be perfect.
3. That’s fine
Declining and Suggesting
If the suggested time is not convenient for you, it is important to decline and suggest an alternative time.
1. I’m afraid I have got another meeting.
2. Tuesday seems to be a little difficult.
3. I would prefer to meet on Friday. IS that okay?
Cancelling and Changing
If you can’t make it for the meeting because something else has come, it is important to cancel or change the time of the meeting.
1. Something urgent has come up, can we fix it for some other time?
2. Something has just cropped up and I won’t be able to meet you today.
Hope, this Business English lesson helps you to make, change and cancel your engagements or appointments.