In this Business English lesson you will learn phrases to deal with the tricky part of the job interview, which is salary. Most of times you are looking for a better pay when going for a new job interview. Therefore, it is important to be smart and use the right phrases to negotiate your salary in an job interview.
Below are the phrases that will get you the best salary as per your experience and skills.
1) Competitive Salary – One can’t go wrong when they ask for a competitive salary. If you say you are expecting a competitive salary it means you have an idea of the industry average and would like to get at least that amount.
2) I expect experience based remuneration – Giving numbers in a job interview speaks of bad manners, so if your are an experienced professional in a certain field it is safe to say that you expect your experience to reflect on your remuneration package.
3) My salary expectations are in line with my qualifications and education – T
his phrase is similar to the above one but with an emphasis on your qualification. It is a good way of emphasizing your educational background and its role in your career especially if it is something really relevant to bring it on the table.
4) I expect it to be based on my drive and performance – When you use this expression it displays your excitement and enthusiasm to work for the organization and will help you to prove the value you would bring in to the company by getting employed. This phrase also helps you to display your confidence and emphasize your abilities further.
5) With this offer do I forecast other benefits? – This phrase can be used when you don’t get the salary according to your expectations. This happens when the companies have a salary cap and therefore adhere to the budgets. Rather than giving up ask about the potential advancement within the company and the eventual raises or even talk about the incentives.
Stay confident and focused throughout your interview and use the Business English phrases above to negotiate or to get the best salary that can match your expectations.[youtube -comments]