Finished watching the video, now its time to test what you have learned from this lesson : Take the test!
At times, you may find it difficult when you have to use many adjectives to describe something. In this lesson, you will learn how to place all the adjectives correctly in a single sentence.
There is an order to follow:
- General opinion: good, beautiful, stunning etc.
- Size: small, tall, big etc.
- Shape: round, rectangular etc.
- Age: a ten year old, prehistoric etc.
- Color: black, white, green etc.
- Origin: Chinese, German etc.
- Material: leather, Satin etc.
- Purpose: study table, coffee table etc.
Study the example given below:
- Example: I have a black, Italian, leather coat. (color, origin, material)
- Example: These are delicious, huge, round cookies. (opinion, size, shape)
- Example: My friend married a tall, fair, Japanese man. (size, color, origin)
- Example: I have a shiny, small, square, metal vase. (opinion, size, shape, material)
- Example: I bought an oval, antique, coffee table. (shape, age, purpose)
Remember to put a comma after every adjective, except after the last one.