To apologize is to tell someone that you are sorry for having done something that has caused him inconvenience or unhappiness:
Making apologies: Expressions to say “I am sorry”
- Please accept my humble apologies.
- Please accept my deepest apologies.
- Please accept my sincere apologies.
- I’d like to apologize for…
- I cant apologise enough for…..
- It was not my intention…
- Please, forgive me for…
- Excuse me for …
Excusing yourself : Expressions to say “Excuse me for…”
- Please excuse the mess in my office.
- I am sorry to hear about….
- I beg your pardon
- I regret to inform you that….
- I am afraid…..
Accepting apologies: Expressions to say when someone apologizes.
- That’s okay.
- No problem
- Never mind.
- Don’t mention it
- Apologies accepted.
- We’ll say no more about it.
- Forget about it.
- You should be.
- Don’t repeat it.
- That’s not good enough.
- Please be careful next time.
Enjoy the lesson!