In this spoken English lesson you will learn to use slang words to express disappointment & sadness. Disappointment is not an easy thing to face, and expressing sadness or dissatisfaction is all the more difficult. Most of the times you don’t want to mention any details so to cut it short use the slang terms below related to sadness and disappointment.
1) Bummer / Bummer Days – Something that depresses or disappoints you is a bummer or any unpleasant situation or disappointing experience you face for couple of days are called as bummer days.
Example – I have been sick all week,bummer days!
Example – Getting stranded at the airport was a real bummer.
2) Boohoo – An exclamation to represent the sound of someone crying noisily or sobbing.
Example – Boohoo,nobody loves me!
3) In a funk – To be sad
Example – I’m in a funk today.
4) Burst one’s bubble – To be disappointed because of something.
Example – We had planned to go for camping but the rain burst our bubble.
5) Soul sucking – Depressing
Example – I need a break from the soul sucking job.
6) In the dumps – Feeling sad or depressed
Example – He’s been in the dumps since she dumped him for another guy.
7) Butt-hurt – to be upset , usually by a friendly insult
Example – I was just kidding,don’t get butt-hurt.
8) Depressica – Refers to a female who is depressed over a guy
Example – Mary has been a depressica after she broke up with John.