1. Used to indicate being together.
- I ordered a sandwich with a drink.
- He was with his friends last nigh.
2. Used to indicate having something.
- Were you the one talking with an accent?
- I met a guy with green eyes.
3. Used to indicate using something.
- I wrote a letter with a pen you gave me.
- This is the soup I made with rice and barley.
4. Used to indicate feelings.
- I walked on the stage with confidence.
- I am emailing you with my sincere apologies.
1. To indicate movement.
- Come over to my house for dinner sometime.
- They sent over a gift for this birthday.
2. To indicate downward movement.
- The big tree fell over a car.
- Can you bend over and pick the keys?
3. To indicate more than expected.
- The phone rang for over a minute.
- The money offered was over our expectation.
4. To indicate a period of time.
- I worked there over 5 years.
- I am stressed about this issue for over a month.
1. To indicate closeness.
- Can I sit by you?
- The post office is by the bank.
2. To indicate a passive voice sentence.
- The microwave was fixed by the mechanic.
- The flowers were delivered by the florist.
3. To indicate an action with a purpose.
- You can pass the exam by studying hard.
- I expressed my feelings by writing her a letter.
4. To indicate a method.
- Please send the package by Air-Mail.
- I came here by car.
Enjoy the lesson!