There are times when we just end up saying she’s beautiful or he’s handsome when we come across a good looking woman or man. In this lesson you’re going to expand your vocabulary with words to describe a person’s body appearance.
Certain positive words that you can use to talk about someone’s overall body appearance are as follows:
- Gorgeous – someone who is very pretty
- Lovely – Beautiful woman
- Head turner –It implies that when a woman or man walks down the street, people turn their heads to focus their attention on her/him.
- Stunning- means extremely beautiful, like a woman who is so beautiful that she attracts a lot of attention!
- Charming – someone who is very pleasing and appealing
- Attractive – someone who is very pretty
- Hot – Slang for a good looking woman or man
There are times we do come across some fat and thin people, so let’s learn the right words that can be used for such people.
Vocabulary for Fat people
- Flabby – typically used for fat around arms, stomach, thighs, and butt.
- Chubby – Describing fat kids
- Husky /Heavyset – Describing fat men
- Plump /Curvy – Describing fat women however curvy is more positive connotation
- Obese – For extremely fat people
Vocabulary for thin people
- Lean – thin and muscular
- Wiry – thin and muscular
- Petite- Short and thin
- Lanky- Tall and thin
- Skinny – very thin mostly used in a negative manner
- Slender – thin
thankx I love ur lecture..and I want to ask u one thing that is,how to greet a guest as m receptionist please tell me about it