Lips: Not rounded, relaxed.
Tongue: Tense, moves from the mid-high to high position.
Common Spelling Patterns for /ei/
1. a + consonant + e late, came, take, save
2. ai rain, wait, pain, aim
3. ay say, away, play, Monday
4. ey they, survey, obey
5. eigh weigh, eight, neighbor, freight
April, alien, angel
Word Pairs for Practice
1. the same day 6. explain the situation
2. stay away 7. play baseball
3. escape from jail 8. eighty-eight
4. take a break 9. bake a cake
5. stay the same 10. save the whales
1. She complained about her weight but ate the cake anyway.
2. Jake hates waiting for trains and planes.
3. It rains and hails in April and May.
4. I will stay in the game even though it’s late.
5. My neighbor from Spain moved away today.
The Pronunciation of Vowels lessons are outstanding. This site is very useful for learning/enhancing both communication and soft skills. Thanks for the trainers and moderators of this site.