Making a good and positive impression in business is essential to succeed in business. When you are meeting new people or doing some business networking, how well you present yourself will often speak about how good you are at what you do in front of both your colleagues and bosses. When you were young, you learned, there are certain “golden rules” to follow both in everyday life and business life. Here are the top 10 rules of business etiquette that you will want to keep in mind.
1. First and foremost, having good manners is a must. Please and thank you never go out of style. Common courtesy towards others should be second nature.
2. Be on time, or better yet be a little bit early. Be certain that you have allotted enough time for the meeting so you won’t be concerned about another place that you have to be.
3. Dress appropriately. If you are uncertain of what to wear, it is always better to err on the conservative side. Business casual is generally the rule of thumb to follow.
4. Prepare yourself ahead of time for both things that you may want to contribute to the meeting, and any information that was given to you ahead of time to read or make notes on. Come prepared to participate in discussions and activities.
5. Upon entering the meeting, glance around the room and acknowledge other attendees. Familiarize yourself with colleagues and managers and make a note of the person who is chairing the meeting. Try to put names to faces if you’ve met previously and try to remember names of people who have been newly introduced to you.
6. Although it’s hard to live without text messages, cell calls and emails, you can do it for the duration of a meeting. It is good etiquette to present the attitude that this meeting is the most important thing on your agenda right now. Leave word ahead of time with the necessary contacts that you will be in a meeting and then switch everything off when you arrive.
7. Don’t interrupt the chairperson when the meeting is in progress. Take notes so you will be prepared to speak up when the time is right.
8. When you do speak out, be clear, concise, and stay on topic. Don’t be afraid to present your point of view, but always be respectful of the point of view of others.
9. Information exchanged in a meeting is generally considered confidential among those attending the meeting. Unless you are certain that the subject matter is common knowledge, it is best not to discuss issues with those that were not in attendance.
10. Bring your positive attitude. You’ll accomplish a lot more and gain a lot more respect than you will if you are negative and critical.
If you enjoyed this article about “meeting etiquette for business guys”, please feel free to post your comments, share it on the social sites and forward this link to your friends. Have a great day!
hey.ur website is good and impressive….i am not good in spoken english plz help me if u can….i m working with my husband but i m not open up in the company like i want to give my ideas but i m not able to speak up….i have no confidence guys…….
The info talked about in the post are a few of the ideal out there
agree with you……do you know another source richer than this?
good post, i have been looking for it
I actually really want to save this particular blog, “Top 10 Meeting Etiquette for Business Guys | Learnex” on my own page.
Do you mind in case Ido it? Thx -Amelia
Your method of explaining all in this paragraph is really nice, every one be able to easily understand it, Thanks a lot.
The facts mentioned inside the post are several of the best offered.
excellent post, very informative. I’m wondering why the other experts of this sector don’t understand this. You should continue your writing. I am confident, you have a great readers’ base already!
I was wondering if you ever considered changing the layout of your blog?
Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.
But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better.
Youve got an awful lot of text for only having 1 or 2 pictures.
Maybe you could space it out better?
You can definitely see your expertise in the work you write. The arena hopes for more passionate writers like you who are not afraid to say how they believe. Always go after your heart.
Whats Happening i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve discovered It positively helpful and it has aided me out loads. I hope to contribute & help other customers like its helped me. Good job.
It’s remarkable to pay a visit this website and reading the views of all friends about this article, while I am also zealous of getting knowledge.
Here is my web blog; Muscle Maximizer review
This is the best site for anyone who desires to find out about this topic. You notice so much its almost onerous to argue with you (not that I truly would want…HaHa). You undoubtedly put a brand new spin on a subject thats been wrote about for years. Nice stuff, simply nice!
Hello. excellent job. I did not anticipate this. This is a impressive story. Thanks!
Due to this blog, I broadened my horizons and I am even more happier.
Ӏ’ve read several good stuff here. Certainly worth bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how much effort you place to create this sort of wonderful informative website.
A motivating discussion is worth comment. I believe that you ought to write more on this issue, it may not be a taboo matter but usually folks don’t speak about such subjects. To the next! Best wishes!!