If someone’s house or apartment is messy, here are some phrases and English expressions that you can use to describe it:
- There are clothes strewn all over the floor.
- There’s food splattered all over the microwave.
- There are crumbs all over the counter.
- There’s moldy food in the refrigerator.
- There’s a film of grease around the stove.
- There are dirty dishes sitting in the sink.
- A thick layer of dust has built up on all the shelves.
- There are cobwebs in the corners.
- The drains are clogged with hair.
- There are smudges on the windows and mirrors.
- There are old newspapers piled up in the corner.
Enjoy the lesson!