Perhaps: is more formal than ‘maybe’. It is used when you are uncertain about something.
- Example: Perhaps we have met before. (you aren’t sure)
- Example: There were perhaps 350 people at the stadium. ( used before an amount or a number you are uncertain about)
- Example: You look don’t look well, perhaps you should go to the doctor. (make a suggestion or give advice)
- Example: Perhaps it would be better if he resigned from his position. (subtle advice)
- Example: It is perhaps not a good idea for a seven year old to us a calculator.
- Example: Perhaps we could go out for a meal sometimes.
For more such English Grammar lesson don’t forget to subscribe to our English conversation lessons.